Volkswagen Warranty Coverage: VW CPO Limited Warranty
Sleep easy. Our 2-year/40,000 km* limited warranty has you covered.
And we’re talking about a real Volkswagen warranty here, not just a maintenance contract. This means that protection covers the vehicle, and you won’t be charged for any repair or service deemed necessary because of a broken or malfunctioning part covered by the warranty.
But don’t take our word for it. You can check it out yourself and read about all the advantages of our Volkswagen certified pre-owned limited warranty below.
Coverage Under the Volkswagen Canada Warranty
Under the Assurance Premium warranty, your vehicle is covered under the remainder of the manufacturer’s limited warranty plus an additional 2-year/40,000 km basic warranty (whichever comes first) / Begins when the new vehicle limited warranty expires or upon the sales date of the Volkswagen Certified Pre-owned vehicle (whichever occurs later) / 2-year Roadside Assistance** / No deductible on covered repairs, which are: engine, steering, front and rear axles, manual transmission, electrical power supply, heating and air conditioning, ABS brakes, electrical systems, torque converter, differential, material or manufacturing defects (but not normal wear-and-tear, or damage to the appearance of the vehicle, tires or exhaust system). Includes the balance of the limited powertrain warranty, which is transferable along with any remaining limited warranty against perforation due to corrosion (balance of new vehicle warranty).
$150 warranty transfer (no charge in Quebec and Nova Scotia). Transfer fees are subject to G.S.T. as well as applicable provincial taxes and are the buyer’s responsibility. The transfer comes into effect when Volkswagen Canada (Volkswagen Certified Pre-owned Vehicles Warranty Department) receives the name, address and telephone number of the new owner, along with the vehicle’s complete identification number.
Repairs covered by the warranty can be done at any licensed VW Canada dealer.
Where to Get Guaranteed Service
Aside from the exceptions under “Emergency Repairs”, all repairs covered by the limited warranty must be done by a Volkswagen dealer or at a licensed Volkswagen Canada service centre.
In the event of an emergency, when it’s impossible or unreasonable to drive or tow the vehicle to the nearest licensed Volkswagen dealer, Volkswagen will pay a reasonable amount of all covered repairs that are performed by a service centre other than a licensed Volkswagen dealer. For any emergency repairs performed by a service centre other than Volkswagen, you must keep all receipts, repair orders and replaced parts. A written declaration of the circumstances that prevented you from taking your vehicle to a licensed Volkswagen dealer should be attached to the receipts and repair orders provided by the service provider, and submitted to Volkswagen to support your reimbursement claim.
Mail this information to:
Volkswagen Certified Pre-owned Vehicle Warranty
777 Bayly St.W.
Ajax,ON L1S 7G7
Of course, a few things do fall on your shoulders…
- Normal wear and tear
- Any alterations you make
- Accidental damages
- Regular maintenance (like oil changes) as outlined in the maintenance calendar recommended for the make and year of the vehicle
What isn’t covered***
The Volkswagen certified pre-owned limited warranty does not cover:
- Appearance, glass parts or fabric trim
- Fees for parts and services incurred during regular maintenance
- Replacement of filters, oil, lubricants or fluids (unless their replacement is included in the guaranteed service of a covered component)
- Wheel alignment and balancing, brake and clutch adjustments, or any mechanical1 adjustment† necessary due to normal wear and tear
- Parts for normal wear and tear††
- Tires (they may be covered separately by the tire manufacturer) and exhaust system
- Installation equipment for the EuroVan Winnebago or any other non-authentic VW part
- Cash allowance for a loan vehicle
- Vehicles sold for commercial use (taxi, courier, limousine, etc.)
- Damage due to a lack of maintenance, improper use or modifications
- Damage due to improper repairs, the installation of equipment, accidents or fire
- Damages caused by the environment
- Maintenance service costs
- Incidental or indirect damages, including loss of value to the vehicle, lost profits or gains, and expenses incurred for replacement transportation or lodging
Want even more Volkswagen warranty coverage?
The Volkswagen Protection Plus™ extended warranty program††† has what you’re looking for. Volkswagen Protection Plus.
*Whichever comes first.
**Roadside Assistance in Canada is provided by Professional Dispatch Group.
***For more details, contact your dealer.
- † Adjustments include minor repairs that are not normally associated with parts replacement, like headlight adjustments.
- †† Including, but not limited to, replacement of the clutch lining, plates, trim, brake pads and drums, timing belts, spark plugs, dust and pollen filter, clutch plate, ignition cable, distributor cap and rotor, points of ignition, automatic transmission oil filter, struts, shocks, strut bearings, batteries, exhaust systems, windshield wipers or blades, incandescent bulbs, fuses, worn seat covers, removable Cabrio top or any other worn upholstery or trim element due to normal wear and tear or deterioration; cleaning of cassette player heads and replacement of worn belts, hoses and scuff bands due to normal wear and tear.
- ††† Please note that the VW Protection Plus warranty only comes into effect after the expiry date of the Volkswagen certified pre-owned warranty